Friday, February 2, 2007

what I'm reading

All of my periods of fervid reading are characterized by multiple books being read at once. Pages are held with various makeshift bookmarks – receipts, post-its, notes-to-self that will henceforth be lost – and said books are distributed around the house, in miscellaneous nooks, purses and/or gym bags. In the bathroom I am reading The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. Finally I'm veering away from my White American Male reading spree, and I am well rewarded. Hosseini is a clean, distinct and heartfelt writer. At the gym, while on the elliptical trainer, I am cracking the spine (for hands-free consumption) of Blink by Malcom Gladwell. I think I'm a little late to the party on this one, but I see the draw. Already a sucker for retellings of compelling research, I'm charmed by Gladwell's tone and pace. At work, and before bed, I just finished The Brand Gap by Marty Neumeier. A brilliant little book that anyone in the industry should read. Or anyone at a company anywhere, for that matter. My dear friend Vanessa just handed me A Primate's Memoir by Robert M. Sapolsky. That is warming up a spot on my kitchen table waiting for a few quiet moments over the weekend. Four books at once feels about right.

No comments: